2017-2018 Season audition dates are as follows:
1. CPYO Chamber Orchestra: Sunday, September 3, 2017
Monday, September 4, 2017
or by appointment
2. PSU Campus Orchestra: August 21-25, 2017 by appointment
3. PSU Philharmonic: August 21-25, 2017 by appointment
4. Nittany Valley Symphony: late Aug-early Sept, date TBD
1. Auditions for Chamber Orchestra will take place at the PASCP Studios, located at 3006 Research Drive, Suite D-1, State College, PA 16801.
2. and 3. PSU orchestras’ auditions will occur in Music Building 2, Penn State Campus
4. Nittany Valley Symphony: place TBD
All interested musicians must contact Cecilia Dunoyer to schedule an audition time - regardless of the option chosen - by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Returning students will not be denied participation in CPYO, but must audition for our Music Director to determine seating in their respective section.
Interested new members may request auditions throughout the season by appointment.
- Students perform a solo piece that showcases their abilities.
- Students will also be asked to perform scales up to 2 sharps and 2 flats.
- The audition will last 4-5 minutes.
PSU CAMPUS Orchestra and/or PSU PHILHARMONIC Orchestra
- Two contrasting pieces in style, tempo and period - of your choice.
- Easy sight-reading.
- There are NO orchestral excerpts requirements.
NITTANY VALLEY SYMPHONY
- Two contrasting pieces in style, tempo and period of your choice.
- Two orchestral excerpts selected from the upcoming season's repertoire, to be assigned later in the
Schumann Symphony #2 Mvt 2, Allegro Vivace
Mozart Symphony #35 Mvts 1 , 3, and 4
Mendelssohn Mid Summer Night's Dream Scherzo
Beethoven Symphony # 5 Andante con moto
Mozart Symphony #35 ,Mvt 1 , Mvt 4 presto
Mozart Marriage of Figaro opening
Tchaikovsky Symphony #6 Mvt 2
Brahms Variations on a theme of Haydn Variations 1, 2 and 4
Mahler Symphony # 1 risolutto energico. opening treble clef solo
Beethoven Symphony #5 Mvt 3 , opening for 37 bars and fugue to bar 23